Thursday, September 25, 2008

House, Job, Car, and Everything in Between

So, it has been a long time since I have posted. There has been so much stuff going on, I have barely been able to keep my head on straight. Here is a brief run down of what my last few weeks have looked like, and the new challenges that lie ahead....

So, my last post left off with me looking for a place to live. Well, I found one. It is a house in Orem near the University Mall, the story of how I got it is crazy... First of all, let me start with a story... The day before I found the place I was listening to the radio and they were talking about how 666 is a sign of the devil, and that 333 means God is trying to tell you something. I had never heard the 333 thing before, but found it interesting... anyway back to the story... I had been looking for a few days, and made a few trips up to Utah County from my Moms house in Elsinore to look at a few places, but the places I looked at really just weren't right... I was getting a little discouraged, and instead of driving all the way back to my Moms house, I stayed at my Grandparents house in Payson. My Grandma asked if I had looked in the local newspaper for places to live, and I hadn't, so I decided to give it a try, but didn't have very good luck until the last place. It sounded perfect for me, so I made the call. It was just about everything I was looking for, and I was excited to look at it, so I asked the lady when she was showing it, and then she gave me the address. Guess what the address is? 333 East blah blah blah. Wow, so, needless to say, I LOVED the house, and moved in a few days later, just thought it was funny how I never heard the whole 333 thing until that same day, anybody else ever heard of that?

So, I love where I live, it is a cozy little place, now I am just waiting for my furniture to get here :D I sleep on an air mattress, and that is pretty much it for furniture in the house. Fun. I live close to my Grandparents, and my cousins, and I am having a lot of fun hanging out with my cousin Jenny (she is actually my fourth cousin...). My mom and her mom were really close growing up, and it is fun to be able to be so close.

I picked up my car in Los Angeles on Monday, and that whole bit was an ADVENTURE! I will start from the beginning....

I got two plane tickets (one for me and Jenny) for 8:00 in the morning to fly from SLC to LA. We dropped off my rental car, and checked in for our flight. We didn't bring any checked baggage since we were not making a long trip, and just had our carry-ons. So, we got through security, and were looking for our gate, and couldn't find it. We were flying United airlines, and the only flights to LA were for Delta... weird... so, we went to the United ticket counter and asked the attendant where our gate was. She took one look at our tickets and said "This flight is for 8:00 PM." We were at the airport before 7 am, and they let us check in and everything, all the time for a flight that was more than 12 hours away! I was SO upset, they wouldn't refund our tickets cause we had already checked in, and I had to get on that early flight to LA. United had no other flights leaving and the VPC (place where I pick up my car) closes at 4pm. We were stuck!!! So, I went to the Delta ticket counter (inside the terminal) and asked if there was any way I could get two tickets to LA on the Delta flight that left in 45 minutes. Luckily for us, there were two seats left, right next to each other... :D I had to fork out 400$ but at least we got on an 8:00AM flight... nuts... I still have our United tickets that were never used.... haha, life....

So, we got to LA and everything went pretty smooth. I got my car, and we headed off to Vegas for the night. We had a lot of fun there, we stayed at Treasure Island Hotel, and saw Cirque De Soleil Mystere. It was AWESOME!!!! I have pictures, to post later.... We left Vegas the next day, after going shopping of course, and our next stop was in St. George to see my favorite friend Melanie. It was so much fun to see her and her little baby Trevor (Oh, and Everett too haha). I love it when I get to see Mel, and luckily, I live a lot closer, I may have to make monthly trips to St. G. :D

Oh, I forgot one very important detail.... When we were driving from LA to Vegas, I got a phone call, from Teleperformance, the company I was supposed to start working for in a few weeks. Well, it turns out that Dell is re-negotiating the contract it has with Teleperformance, or something like that, and they cancelled all new hires and training indefinitely. What does that mean for me? That means I do not have a job. It's funny really, I get everything settled in and start to get comfortable, and BAM, there you have it. So, Julies Job Hunt is on again... It's just now, I am limited to Utah County.... Yup... So there is my life in a nut shell, I will keep you posted....

Night!

5 comments:

The Barton Bunch said...

Wow! That is a lot of news! I had never heard of the 333 thing before, but that is very strange that you heard it THAT day and then the address was 333. Hmm! Good luck on the job hunt. I will keep my ears open for something in Utah Co.

RuSty and LaLa said...

Maybe you could sell newspapers on freeway offramps. You know you want to put those reflectors from the army back on...haha. I guess that it will get cold so scratch that idea. Well, there are my ideas. Sorry I can't help more. Just playing you'll find soemthing soon...better than what you had.

Shober Fam said...

Hi Julie! How are you?

.. said...

Its been a while since you have updated! It says that we have updated like 4 weeks ago...but I update at least twice a week :)

Anonymous said...

… Unbelievable , but I just found software which can do all hard work promoting your justmejulieb.blogspot.com website on complete autopilot - building backlinks and getting your website on top of Google and other search engines 1st pages, so your site finally can get laser targeted qualified traffic, and so you can get lot more visitors for your website.

YEP, that’s right, there’s this little known website which shows you how to get to the top 10 of Google and other search engines guaranteed.

I used it and in just 7 days… got floods of traffic to my site...

…Well check out the incredible results for yourself -
http://autopilot-traffic-software.com

I’m not trying to be rude here, but I believe when you find something that finally works you should share it…

…so that’s what I’m doing today, sharing it with you:

http://autopilot-traffic-software.com

Take care - your friend George