Monday, September 1, 2008

Aloha Oe'- Farewell to you Hawaii

On Friday the movers cam to my house to pack up all my furniture to send to Utah. It should be there before October 15th, so that gives me plenty of time to find a job and a house :D. The movers were there from 8 am to 4pm. It was a LONG day! I lived on the second floor and so the movers put really thick cardboard down the stairs so they could just sorta slide stuff down it. It looked fun, and the little 5 year old boy, Markus, that lives below me asked me if we could ask the movers to leave it there when they left. So.... I asked, and they left it. Here are some pictures of the moving day fun :D...

Me and Markus
Markus doing tricks :D The dog at the bottom is foxy's puppies daddy...
A few days before moving day, all the puppies left. It was sad to see them go, especially Lola, the girl, she was my favorite. I think the puppies look like beagles, especially the brown and white one. Here are some picture of the day they left.

All the puppies lying together, Lola is the one on the right.

Me and the puppies.

So, the night before I left, Friday, the same day the movers came, me and my neighbors we to my favorite Mexican restaurant on the North Shore. There is this sign that I always wanted a picture with, but never took one, so we stopped so I could take a picture. :D I look frumpy from moving all day, but I HAD to get this picture lol.

So, that is my last times in Hawaii. I want to say thank you to everyone there that helped me out. Specifically Dani, my favorite German, my neighbor, she is the reason I still have my sanity. Rusty and Lala Rueckert, such good examples to me, you helped me to stay on the right path. The only LDS friends I have in Hawaii, Thank you! Kelly Dodge, she got me my first job after getting out of the Army, we are good friends now, and I am so grateful to you for being my friend and knowing that I can help you helps me, hang in there girl, life can get better. Thanks to my Waialua ward Ohana, my family away from family. Everyone else that helped in Hawaii, I cant name everybody, but thank you so much for helping me get out safe and sound. God Bless you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness my Julie! I almost cried when I read this blog. You are so sweet. I appreciate all your help and guidance and I miss ya. It's lonely at work already.:( I hope you get settled in quickly, as I'm sure you will. You're so strong and resiliant!