Thursday, April 10, 2008

Things I Need To Do!!!

So, someone once said, if you write down your goals, you are 75% more likely to achieve them. I am not sure who said it, but it makes sense, so, I figured I should start making lists, and now I have a list for just about everything...

The "Do It NOW" List resides in our kitchen on a white board with a list for myself and Alan, things that have to be done, soon... I have a list of things that need to be done before I leave the Army, a list of jobs I need to follow up on for AFTER I get out of the Army, a list of classes I need do get done to earn my degree, a list of things I need to call maintenance about (note to self, write 'call maintenance' on the "Do It NOW List), blah blah blah...

So I was going over my "Do it NOW List" and I started thinking about how much of my time is spent doing things that NEED to get done, how much time is spent doing things I WANT to do, and how much of me is just lazy. So, I decided I don't really take enough time to do things I want to do, so I am going to make my "Things I WANT To Do Before I Leave Hawaii List" Right now...
  • Get certified to scuba dive
  • Get my skydiving A license
  • "Swim with the sharks"
  • Go on a cruise
  • Surf a BIG wave (10+ feet)
  • Go inside the La'ie Temple
  • Go on a Helicopter island tour
  • Get Security+, MCSE, and Network+ Certifications
  • Get a KING size bed
  • Visit Maui
  • Whale Watching
  • Para sailing

Good start... So people, keep watching my blog, cause now I wrote them down, I am 75% more likely to do it :D I will post pictures soon! Oh, and BTW, when I said 'I' I meant 'WE' as in me AND Alan, you don't think I will go shark diving alone.... DUH

Much LOVE!!!

Julie

1 comment:

The Barton Bunch said...

Good thinking. Maybe if I did that my life would be a little less hectic. Thanks for the thought!!