Saturday, May 17, 2008

Katie

I got to see an old friend today! Katie is spending the summer in Hawaii, and she is from my hometown in Utah. Her sister and I were on the Drill Team and were in the same graduating class, and Katie and my brother are friends. She is staying in La'ie where the temple is, and will be here until August. I picked her up yesterday, and we went to dinner and a movie with my husband, and she stayed in my guest room last night, and I dropped her back off today. It takes about 40 minutes to get from my house to where she is staying, so she is pretty close, and I hope to get to spend more time with her. It is so nice to be able to see people from home. Here is a picture I took of us this morning.

This picture also debutes my new haircut. I got it cut last week, but havent taken a pic of it since. It was pretty long, and I cut about 12 inches off. I guess I cut it to celebrate my release from the Army. :D I am no longer a soldier, and would never have gotten away with my hair cut like this while I was active duty Army. So yeah, here is to catching up with old friends, and the new do, what do you think?

I start my new job at the Education Center Monday, I will keep the blog updated as I start this new part of my life....

~Julie

2 comments:

The Barton Bunch said...

That is so great that you got to see someone from home. Oh..congrats on the new job and thank you for all your love, support, and sweet comments. You are such an amazing person. By the way, I am so glad we have a way to keep in touch!

katiebonnie said...

Hey I never knew how to work this blog deal. Your back from Hawaii. I came home a bit early too. Homesick for Utah... Hey if you need anything, let me know.