Friday, May 2, 2008

Closet Remodeling

Since Alan has been gone, I have taken on several projects. I find that I get more done when he is gone so I have taken advantage of the opportunity, plus it takes my mind off his absence. We have an outside storage closet attached to our house coming off the balcony. We have never kept anything in it, but my neighbors redid theirs to make it a place where they could store the husbands TA-50 (Army gear). I decided it was a great idea, since Alan's was sitting in boxes in our laundry room. This way Alan could find his gear more easily, and I could have some space in the laundry room. :D So I got started. I laid down carpet, painted, put carpet on the shelves, hung up two poles to hang his tops and bottoms on, and hung hooks in the walls to hang his helmets and hats. Alan has a lot of his gear with him at the school he is attending, and when he gets home, there will be a better place for it. It took three days to get it all done, but it was worth it. It looks nice, and hopefully it will stay that way. Here are some pics of before, during, and after. It was hard to get pictures since the closet is small, but this should give a pretty good idea.

Julie




1 comment:

Jenna McMichael said...

Julie!!!

That is freakin awesome...maybe you should work for extreme home makeover now!!! Our mother sure did show us how to do something right!! All those slave away saturdays filled with mounds of mandatory family fun sure paid off huh?! I really like it and I think Alan will too! Good Job!