Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Help...

So, I had this posted earlier, but somehow it got deleted... hmm... Anyway, this is my story. I really am not one to post too much personal information online, especially rough stuff, but I felt that I should post this email that I sent out to my family. To sum it all up times are rough right now, and I need a little assistance to get back on my feet. I know that through faith and with the Lords help that I will be alright. I know I have some wonderful friends and an awesome family and I thank everyone for your support already.

"So, I have a problem, and I really need some help....

So, to make a long story short, my husband is tired of being a Mormon and wants to be single again and live up the single life. We are getting a divorce. This is especially hard for me because I am across the ocean in Hawaii and cant exactly pack up a U-haul or whatever. So, the Army will ship my vehicle and furniture to Utah and I have enough money saved up to last me a few months, but after that I am in trouble, and I was hoping to pull the family card for help.

I need an apartment that will let me keep my little 8 lb mix breed dog. She is fully house broken, and pretty quiet. I also need a job. My expertise is computer science/computer user support. As you all know, I just got out of the Army after almost five years of service, so I am pretty universal. I have 60 credit hours of college that do not fit into a degree along with various military schools and training. I am currently enrolled in school pursing a Bachelors in Information Technology Management. I realize that I am pretty limited with my lack of education, but I am a quick learner, determined, and adapt very easily. I really just need a job that can give me about $25,000 a year or more. I also need to find a job before I find an apartment for obvious reasons.

I am not picky about where in Utah I live or what the job is, I just want to be in Utah, and be able to keep my dog. My Mom is going to keep Foxy (my dog) at her place while I roam the state trying to get settled, but I may need some places to stay during my travels so I do not have to fork out money on hotels.

I am not sure when I will be flying in, hopefully within the next two weeks or so. I just need to get out of here as quickly as possible. Please, if any of you can help me in anyway I really need it right now.

You can email me back at this address julieb03 [at] yahoo [dot] com Thanks!"

Julie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that you're going through this hun!!! I'm here if you need anything! We'll be moving in a week but if there is anything I can do, don't hesitate to ask :) I'll keep my ears open for jobs and whatnot! Best of luck to ya girl! You're strong and beautiful and NOTHING will break you!!

The Downs Family said...

Hey Julie-
Sorry to hear about this tragic turn for you! However, I know that as you continue to do what the Lord expects- he will bless you in so many wonderful ways!
I don't know if you are planning to stay close to Sevier county or not- but I would think with your skills the city would suit you better! Logan has a lot of nice options up here- it might be worth looking into.
Wish you all our best!

The Barton Bunch said...

Oh my goodness! I am sorry to hear about all that. My brother lives in Orem...I will ask him to watch for things up that way for you. (I don't think there is really much option for you here in podunk!) If he finds something, I will let you know. Keep your head up and don't loose faith! If you need anything, let me know!! Know that we all love you and are keeping you in our prayers!