Monday, August 11, 2008

Where's my personal jet pack?

So, I get bored at work, after I have checked my email a million times and looked at every bodies blogs another million times, I get to thinking (scary I know) and here is what I came up with today...

I am sick and tired of waiting for the personal jet packs we were promised when we were kids! All those black and white films I saw in school of what the future would be like included personal jet packs! It’s years later and even our cars still require that we steer them!!! (also a lie from those films about the future).

The only “big” invention of the future we’ve gotten so far is the segway. It’s just a stupid scooter! They had scooters in the 60’s! “Ooh! You can stand on it!” they say. You can stand on a regular scooter too duh!!! "Yeah, but, it won’t fall over no matter what!” A scooter is only three inches from the ground! Falling over was never my primary concern. I am sick and tired of sitting in traffic four hours! Twenty years after the promise of a personal jet pack that would fly you anywhere in a minute, I am still sitting in bumper to bumper traffic. But, I thought, just hang in there, SOON, they will have personal jet packs, FOR SURE by the year 2005. Now here it is 2008! It’s the twenty first century dude!

To the inventor of the Segway, and Bill Gates who I'm SURE had something to do with it, you should be ashamed of yourselves for trying to create a big stir about the segway before it came out by saying stuff like: It will change the way we live. THAT led me to believe: PERSONAL JET PACK!!!! Never, never, never claim that a scooter will change ANYTHING!!!! When we can fly to work, THAT will change the way I live. When we can eat candy and drink soda and still lose weight, THAT will change the way we live. When I can get a human being on the telephone at the DMV/Cable Company/Bank THAT will change the way I live. -- NOT a scooter! And stop trying to make it seem cool to have a Segway. IT’S NOT.

Dick Tracy (written in the 1930’s) had a flying Jet pack, not a scooter, it FLEW!!! In 1930!!!That’s before we had microwave ovens and penicillin, and organ transplants. 78 years ago! I want my personal jet pack! Where is my personal jet pack??? Everyone, if you email congress and tell them to quit throwing away money on science and funnel it to flying jet pack research, We can make this happen!!!

PERSONAL JET PACK!

3 comments:

Zack and Victoria said...

Julie i love it and totally agree.... lol you crack me up :o)

Megan said...

You are so cute! Thanks for the compliments on mi casa! And yes, you can have it!! 7500 sq ft is much too much for me to clean! Thanks for keeping in touch! :)

RuSty and LaLa said...

I'll make you one Julie...for Christmas