Monday, July 14, 2008

Alone, again...

Being alone is part of Army life, and alas, I find myself alone again. Alan was sent to the mainland for training for three weeks. While I do not think that being apart from my husband is something that I will ever get used to, it is definitely something that I have learned to deal with. I learn to keep as busy as I can, and to surround myself with good people. I can finally get to that project that I have been putting off, or visit that person I have not seen in a while. Moreover, I think that being apart makes the time we are together more valuable. Although I hate Alan being gone at all, especially during those fifteen month deployments, it is the life we have chosen and I would not change it for anything in the world. You may have your Prince Charming, but mine wears combat boots!

3 comments:

Zack and Victoria said...

Hey Julie thanks so much for the site... It is exactly what I'm looking for. The search has gone 10 times better today. I feel for you that your hubby is gone. Until about 3 weeks ago I was ALWAYS apart from Zack, so I know how you feel. IT SUKCS!!! I hope all is well for you. It looks like you have a fab husband and some new adorable puppies... I'm jealous the pupps are so cute :o)

The Barton Bunch said...

I am sorry to hear that you have to be away from your hubby again. I think I take for granted how much I do see Chase (even though he doesn work CONSTANTLY)...I still do get to see him everyday. I hope you know how much I appreciate what your family does for all the rest of us in this nation. Keep your head up, he will be home soon! :)

RuSty and LaLa said...

No ones buying that alone crap. You got puppies. I could be entertained for hours with those things. Besides, your handling this a lot better than the last time he was gone. YOu were very happy when we saw you on sunday. Last time he was only gone for a week and you were not so happy. I'm telling you its the puppies.