Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fourth of July Fun!

The fourth of July was fun, Alan had to work (of course) but I took off with some friends and headed over to Schofield Barracks for the celebration. Billy Ray Cyrus preformed for about two hours, it was awesome, I was too late to get close to the stage, but they had this screen set up so those of us without binoculars could watch the show :D It was definitely fun... free concerts, one perk for putting up with the Army... :D
After the concert, they had this really neat ceremony (I guess they do it often at military posts for the 4th, but I had never seen it...). The brought out 50 soldiers, each one carrying a state flag, in the order of when they became a state, then went through each state, and fired a canon after the state was announced. It was TOTALLY awesome! 50 cannons, 50 states, and each time a state was called, people from that state cheered, so, naturally, when Utah was called, I let out the biggest scream and 'woot woot' I could, and in a field full of a few thousand people, I was probably the only one :D but don't worry, you could definitely hear me :D
My neighbors came after the concert to watch the fireworks, and it was fun to watch with them. They have a 5 year old son, and he was rocking out those glow stick things... yeah so, here are some pictures...
Billy Ray CyrusMe and Dani, rocking the glow sticks... :D

I love the fireworks with the palm trees in the background :D
I love this picture, with the palm tree shadows and the fireworks...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your fireworks pictures! We watched the Schofield fireworks too, but from the roof of our house and while peering through a palm tree which blockes most of the view. It was still cool anyway!